Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WELCOME TO EDO STATE, THE 2011 VERSION.PART 1

Fear,sorrow and shame grips every Edo citizen worldwide (edos, esan and Afemai) when you mention the words'' Edo state''. I use ''words'' not state to depict Edo state, a verb, an action word, except here its the reverse, NEGATIVE action, Negative energy, equals a very negative state. A state in big Trouble, where uncertainty over life and future is now the only certainty. Welcome to Edo state, the 2011 version.
I grew up in the old Edo state but left to continue my Education in london around 1996 when the schools started striking with a promise to my Dad that I will be back to serve my state when i finish my qualification. Little did I know I have just witnessed the best times in Edo state's history because as the years rolled by, all I have seen is my whole classroom, all my friends, all their families, brothers, sisters, auntie even housegirls and houseboys etc move out of Edo state permanently into london, Europe and America, they said our Edo state has become unbearable.
They started by saying Lucky igbinedion this, lucky igbinedion that, but since I was too young to understand the workings of Government at this time, the impact of their words or whatever Lucky Igbinedion actually did or did not do was quiet far from my general well being, for christ sake I was in london, chilling and making a life for myself. But you know a wiseman once said, LET A DOG ROAM AND HE'LL FIND HIS WAY HOME.
I started to find my way home (Edo State) in 2004 and this is where my story begins;

I realised 1st that my mentality was different to the people of Edo state back home. I mean I saw things from a very open perspective. I saw the advantage in human beings when they are given a chance. I was immediately able to tell the difference and similarities from the Edo state I left behind and the one of today. (I knew the person I have become, a humanitarian not by choice but more importantly a person that cannot have a bias view even when it hurts me. I now have freedom of life)
I noticed how much the Edos dislike each other, especially the binis. The Binis will almost never wish their brother well, they will never praise, support or encourage him in any works of life. They sit down and criticize him, kill his spirit, dream and efforts without doing anything themselves. The funny part is, they do it subconciously when it suits them because I found all they wanted to do is win with their mouths NOW. They get very very load and the man or woman with the loudest voice becomes the winner, regardless of his point, usually very negative. The Bible even said The Mouth is a very powerful tool as we have come to find out. I found this attitude in every corner of benin but considerably less with the esans and Afemai. Before you scream I have all Edo races as very close friends and still see the same attitude. What is suprising is, I found the Binis as the people who travel the most to places and countries where indegene love and support thrive abundantly, lagos, abuja, london, ireland, spain etc.. They go there to support and blend but maintain complain and castigation of their fellow Binis and Edos from anywhere possible, now they are jumping SHIP EDO STATE.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH EDO STATE?

WICKEDNESS AND SELF CENTRENESS; I'm sorry but the same faults I see with the people is what I see mirrored in the leaders. Hatred for their own people. Regardless of how much suffering they are going through, there is always that large percentage that will never support or encourage. All they do is wait for their turns to be WICKED AND SELF CENTRED. A traite that end with Edos mostly Binis. This is the reason why we cannot fight the corporates like Western Union, Moneygram, Guiness etc. What they do for other states, they cannot do in Edo state because 1 Edo man and his croonies will take the money and his people, well they can suffer and die. He is an Edo role model just like the one before him etc. Once they get to lagos, abuja or Delta, they join the in-crowd and complain about their state further.

REFUSAL TO ACCEPT MODERN IDEAS; There are many great ideas that have being given to the powers in Edo state in order to make change. They refuse the ones that do not line their pockets and try to copy the good ones without the know how. Look how much is paid in lagos for yorubas abroad to come and help development. Edo leaders are CHEAP THEIVES, PERIOD. They steal from their own selves as the place is so bad their families are abroad enjoying their continuos loot but tell me, WILL THEY EVER CONNECT WITH THEIR
CHILDREN OR WIVES who now use MAINTAINANCE MEN to keep themselves loved. Who is actually losing.

REFUSAL TO GIVE YOUTHS A CHANCE; Youths have the best and modern ideas worldwide. you have to keep up with them and not the other way round. Look at Edo state's Entertainment. Edo people do not care, they will advice you to do it like lagos but you live in Benin. Will lagos people support an Edo Artist in Lagos? even I do not see why they should, Edo artist get booed at shows if they are allowed to perform, sometime yoruba boys burn tyres and demonstrate that ONLY YORUBA ARTIST PLS (do some research)  but Edo people will support a lagos artist to blend with the In-Crowd. The Government does not care but he is asking why KIDNAPPING, ARMED ROBBERY AND PROSTITUTION in Edo state, I will tell him why.

LACK OF MODERN JOBS; Get it, understand it, post it etc there are no modern jobs in Edo state. ENTERTAINMENT AND SPORTS INDUSTRY create 70% of all modern jobs you can think about. They lead to the real estate boom, social bonanza etc. Not agriculture or whatever is presently being proposed. 419 masked the fact that Edo state has been and is still survived by western union for the last 20 years. we are all abroad to survive our families back home.

AND FINALLY OUR GOVERNOR IS ONE-SIDED;
I,ll be the 1st person to say I am not impressed with our present Governor Adams Oshiomole, ok not 60% impressed . He might be better than lucky Igbinedion but this is relative.
I took a census around Benin on why Comrade Oshiomole is repairing roads and Primary schools when the most urgent problem are the YOUTHS. Why is the Comrade taking credit for everything done in Edo state even when it is not him who has done it? Who is responsible for youth development and Employment? Why is the Comrade not taking responsibility
for the Kidnapping, Armed Robberies and prostitution because anyone who has seen Kidnappers caught on TV or those being Kidnapped will tell you they are all graduates.
They told me the Comrade only wants to do what people can see so he can win a 2nd term. I think they are correct.

END OF PART ONE.

RED FACTOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment